|4th Annual LONI HPC Parallel Programming Workshop||June 1 - 3 2015||800 AM - 500 PM||BEC ROOM 1700|
HPC@LSU will hold a Parallel Programming Workshop on June 1 - 3 in Business Education Complex, Room 1700 at LSU, Baton Rouge, LA.
This workshop will first introduce users to the concepts of Parallel Programming, then cover how those concepts apply to solving problems frequently encountered in numerical studies such as matrix-matrix multiplication, using various parallel programming techniques such as OpenMP and OpenACC. This workshop will be hands-on oriented, so the attendants should have prior programming experience in C/C++ and/or Fortran.
Note: This tentative Schedule is subject to change.
All sessions below include a hands-on session.
- June 1: Parallel Programming Concepts and OpenMP I
Time Topic 8:00 - 8:30 Registration 8:30 - 12:00 Parallel Programming Concepts Architecture for Shared Memory Platforms Slides 12:00 - 1:00 Lunch 1:00 - 5:00 OpenMP I Slides, Exercises, Codes
- June 2: OpenMP II and OpenACC I
Time Topic 8:00 - 12:00 OpenMP II Slides 12:00 - 1:00 Lunch 1:00 - 5:00 OpenACC I Slides
- June 3: OpenACC II and Parallel Application Execution
Time Topic 8:00 - 12:00 OpenACC II Slides 12:00 - 1:00 Lunch 1:00 - 5:00 Architecture for Distributed Memory Platforms Understanding Parallel Application Execution Slides
- June 4: Parallel Programming with Intel Xeon Phi coprocessors
This will be a one-day workshop offered by Intel. Please register through this link.
There are limited travel funds available for attending the workshops. All participants traveling to Baton Rouge for attending the workshops will be considered for travel awards provided:
- To be considered for a travel award, please upload a one or two paragraph proposal (in pdf/doc format) describing why a travel award is beneficial to your research for attending the workshop
If you are attending both the LONI Programming 2015 and Intel Xeon Phi Workshops, you can upload one combined proposal. Make a note in the proposal that you are requesting travel support for both workshops.
Priority will be processed on a first-come, first-served basis to workshop participants.
Requirement of travel award proposal
- Deadline: Noon on May 15, 2014.
- Accepted formats: .pdf, .doc, .docx and .odt.
- Filename: Files should have the naming convention travel_lastname_firstname.extension. If the filename does not contain travel, your travel request will not be processed.
- Content: Your proposal should contain a title (could be as simple as Travel Proposal for LONI Workshop), your name and institution. You can use the template here as an example. All proposals without a name and institution will be rejected.
- Maximum file size: 2MB.
Special thanks to the following for their generous support of the LONI Programming Workshop.
- Louisiana Optical Network Initiative (LONI)
- Louisiana Alliance for Simulation-Guided Materials Applications (LA-SiGMA).
- Information Technology Services, Louisiana State University
- Center for Computation & Technology, Louisiana State University
- Board of Regents, State of Louisiana
Registration opens: 1st April 2015 @ 12:00.
Registration deadline: 22nd May 2015 @ 12:00.
Please complete the registration form below.