|Nvidia GPU Workshop||June 6 2014||730 AM - 500 PM||1034 LDMC|
Nvidia Corporation, LSU Center for Computation & Technology and HPC@LSU will host a one day Nvidia GPU workshop on June 6th, 2014 in 1615 Business Education Complex at LSU in Baton Rouge.
Instructor: Bob Crovella
Bio: Bob is a Solution Architect at NVIDIA and leads a technical team responsible for supporting GPU Computing products in the high performance computing ecosystem. Bob joined NVIDIA in 1998. Previous to his current role at NVIDIA, he led a technical team that was responsible for the design-in support of NVIDIA GPU products into OEM systems, working directly with the OEM engineering and technical staffs responsible for their respective products. Prior to joining NVIDIA, Bob held various engineering positions at Chromatic Research, Honeywell, Cincinnati Milacron, and Eastman Kodak. Bob holds degrees from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (M. Eng., Communications and Signal Processing) and The State University of NY at Buffalo (BSEE). He resides with his family in the Dallas TX area.
|7:30 AM - 8:00 AM||Registration|
|8:00 AM - 9:00 AM||CUDA 101 - a basic intro to the C/C++ CUDA language|
|9:00 AM - 10:00 AM||Basic CUDA optimizations - covering GPU architecture and key optimizations (threads, memory) for GPU performance|
|10:00 AM - 10:15 AM||Break|
|10:15 AM - 12:00 PM||Hands on CUDA application walkthrough (2D stencil code) Parts A,B, C|
|12:00 PM - 1:00 PM||Lunch (provided)|
|1:00 PM - 2:30 PM||CUDA Libraries - Intro to CUBLAS and CUSPARSE, with a walkthrough sample application porting of a Conjugate Gradient Solver|
|2:30 PM - 2:45 PM||Break|
|2:45 PM - 5:00 PM||CUDA Tools - cuda-gdb, visual profiler, nsight eclipse edition (IDE)|
- All sessions will include ample time for hands-on exercises to be carried out on LSU's Shelob supercomputer.
- Participants must bring their own laptop with wireless connectivity. Users who are not from LSU or an eduroam participating institution will be provided guest wireless access.
- In preparation, you may wish to watch a few short (approx. 5 min) YouTube videos on introductory GPU programming topics. These CUDACasts can be found here
There are limited travel funds available for attending the Symposium and Workshops. All participants traveling to Baton Rouge for attending the Symposium and Workshops will be considered for travel awards provided:
- Register for the Symposium and Workshop,
- To be considered for a travel award, please upload a one or two paragraph proposal (in pdf/doc format) describing why a travel award is beneficial to your research for attending the workshop and
- submit an abstract for poster or oral presentation (if attending Symposium) by May 15th, 2014.
If you are attending both the LONI Programming and Nvidia GPU Workshops, you can upload one combined proposal. Make a note in the proposal that you are requesting travel support for both workshops.
Priority will be given first to participants who are presenting (poster or oral) at the Symposium and then to participants who are attending the workshops held preceeding and following the symposium.
Requesting Travel Award
Please upload an one or two paragraph proposal using the below by Noon on May 15, 2014,
Accepted formats are .pdf, .doc, .docx and .odt.
Files should have the naming convention travel_lastname_firstname.extension. If the filename does not contain travel, your travel request will not be processed.
Your proposal should contain a title (could be as simple as Travel Proposal for LONI Workshop), your name and institution. Use the Symposium abstract template if you need. All proposals without a name and institution will be rejected.
Maximum file size is 2MB.
Click here to upload travel proposal
Special thanks to the following for their generous support of the Nvidia GPU Workshop and 2014 HPC Week.
- Nvidia Corporation
- Louisiana Optical Network Initiative (LONI)
- Board of Regents, State of Louisiana
- Information Technology Services, Louisiana State University
- Center for Computation & Technology, Louisiana State University
Registration opens: 29th April 2014 @ 12:00.
Registration deadline: 1st June 2014 @ 12:00.
Please complete the registration form below.