HPC @ LSU will have a LONI High Performance Computing Workshop to be held at Southern University (Southern), on March 3 & 4, 2009. The workshop will be held in the Pinchback Hall Hi-Tech Room 123.
This training will be a two day workshop introducing the user to High Performance Computing.
Southern University (Southern) will provide lunch and refreshments to all participants. Thanks Southern for the hospitality!
- March 3
Time Topic 8:00 - 8:30 Registration 8:30 - 9:10 Overview of LONI and the Teragrid by Dr. Le Yan 9:10 - 10:10 Introduction to Linux (part 1) Kathy Traxler 10:10 - 10:20 Break 10:20 - 11:50 Intro to Linux and Vi (part 2) by Kathy Traxler 11:50 - 12:50 Lunch 12:50 - 1:10 Reduced Basis Simulation by Dr. Rachel Finley 1:10 - 1:30 Accounts and Allocations by Dr. Alan Scheinine 1:30 - 3:30 Programming environment on LONI Dell LInux Clusters by Dr. Le Yan 3:30 - 3:40 Break 3:40 - 5:00 Introduction to Globus by Sirish Tummala
- March 4
Time Topic 8:00 - 10:00
- Advanced Cluster Environment by Brett Estrade
- Advanced Environment Handout
10:00 - 10:10 Break 10:10 - 12:00
- Introduction to Parallel Programming Concepts by Dr. Alan Scheinine
- Introduction to Parallel Programming Concepts Handout
12:00 - 1:00 Lunch 1:00 - 1:50 Research at LONI:
- Monte carlo Simulation of the Cubic Kilometer IceCube Detector at the South Pole by Dr. Fazely
- Nano-material, surface and interface property simulations by abinitio plane wave DFT method by Dr. Yang
1:50 - 2:50 Visualization in scientific computing by Dr. Jinghua Ge 2:50 - 3:00 Break 3:00 - 5:00 Introduction to MPI by Adam Jundt